Find out how to optimize listings – Amazon is the largest sales platform in the world with around 300 million active users. Knowledge of the platform’s algorithm is essential to achieve satisfactory sales results and to be perceived and promoted by Amazon itself.
How to optimize listings according to Amazon SEO
Both the algorithm and the criteria thanks to which we can stand out on this platform are constantly changing. That is why it’s so important to keep your knowledge up to date, constantly change and adapt your auctions and actions. The last major change to the algorithm was the implementation of the A9 successor, the so-called A10. This happened in 2020, but further changes were made by 2022.
Until 2020, the A9 algorithm promoted sellers who met the following criteria:
- had products with high sales potential – profit-oriented activities
- customer reviews – review and feedback as a determinant of the product class and rank of the seller, this encouraged to pay great attention to customer service
- paid advertising on the platform
- competitive prices
- product descriptions, auction titles – an exact description of the products, which answers any questions the buyer may have, written in simple and understandable language
- keywords – help you find the right product
At the moment, the biggest change in the A10 algorithm is the increase in the seller’s authority which consists of:
- sales history,
- period of selling on Amazon,
- customer opinions,
- the returns rate,
- number of products offered
It is worth analysing and improving these aspects if we want to improve our position in the Amazon search engine.
Apart from this, there are other significant factors, such as:
- CTR (click-through rate) – the quality of photos, graphics and product descriptions have the biggest influence on the CTR. The higher the CTR, the greater the chance that the product will appear on the first search page
- Conversion rate – the number of people who click on a product and buy it
- Number of product impressions – also from external links
- Organic traffic – paid advertisements are still important, but Amazon “rewards” traffic from external sources such as social media or blogs. This also plays an important role in our place in the search ranking.
As you can see, Amazon relies on external visits to increase the overall traffic on the website and thus increase profits.
To conclude, if your auctions still match the old A9 algorithm and you want your auctions to appear on the first pages of the search results, it is necessary to implement some adjustments.
Here are some tips and tricks to improve Amazon SEO:
- Create an attractive product list that is tailored to your target group
- Use high-quality photos and graphics associated with the lifestyle to which you can adjust your product – try to show the purpose of your product
- Avoid excessive discounts and promotions – Amazon removes such offers
- Go for organic traffic – try to get traffic via external links, e.g. from blogs, social media
- Improve your descriptions – try to use all the space available for description and keywords, provide as much information as possible, analyse your customers’ most frequently asked questions and answer them in the description.
FOLLOW OUR WEBSITE TO STAY UP TO DATE AND NOT STAY BEYOND THE LATEST CHANGES AND TRENDS!